Shared Mobility: Metlife Insurance Added to Fintonic’s Marketplace
- Fintonic –aggregation platform for financial services focusing on credit scoring and consumer lending offers– unveils the first insurance offer for shared mobility in Spain, in partnership with Metlife.
- Covered vehicles: cars, bikes, scooters and other electric scooters.
- This insurance offer is distributed via Fintonic’s platform.
- A digital subscription process applies, via Fintonic app. The user is charged €5/month.
- Medical or surgical treatments
Mobility & Spanish Customers
Source: Fintonic, 2019
- +45% contracts for next-generation mobility service providers
- +20% users
- Preferred means of transportation:
- Cars (48%)
- Motorbikes (42%)
- Bikes (7%)
- Scooters (3 %)
- Roughly, 9 services subscribed. Average cost per ride: €5.90
- Among shared services, scooters are used twice as often
- +76% shared motorbikes rented
- +27% car-sharing
- +11% shared bikes rented
- Betting on Light Electric Vehicles’ take-off. Fintonic and Metlife are relying on a well-established trend. In Spain, and in France, too, additional insurance offers are needed when riding these next-generation vehicles.
- Consolidating their presence on the insurance market. Fintonic already expanded their set of offers. They let their 700,000 users aggregate their insurance contracts (for a clearer overview), and be informed of more affordable alternatives.
- Light Electric Vehicles are all the more criticised (e.g.: electric scooters in Paris) that this sector is booming. More offers see the day: for instance, an e-scooter service launched by former Olympic sprinter Usain Bolt.
- Insurance companies and bancassurers soon reacted to this market evolution (see recent announcement by LCL).
- The offer by Fintonic and Metlife, however, relies on a different marketing model. As they use Fintonic’s aggregation platform, Metlife are provided access to a new distribution channel and can test an Open Banking-based business model.
- After several banks started featuring financial services on this marketplace (e.g.: BBVA), insurance offers are now covered, as well.