SPB Digitalising Affinity Insurance Sales
- SPB renews their distribution model through selling affinity-based insurance solutions via a white label digital platform.
- SPB Affinity lets SPB customers add insurance products to their set of offers within hours.
- brokers, banks, challenger banks, e-merchants, telecom companies, energy suppliers, etc.
- SPB Affinity features a range of online insurance offers including more than 10 guarantees:
- Guarantee in case outages occur,
- Guarantee for nomadic households,
- Insurance covering breakage and theft,
- Budget guarantee,
- Protection against cyber-risks,
- Assistance in case of emergency.
- Their platform embeds multiple monitoring tools for streamlining the entire integration process (approval from distributors, online subscription, management of financial flows, production trackers, training for sales forces, etc.).
- 1965: SPB was founded
- €290M turnover
- 1,800 employees
- 17 countries covered
- 100+ client brands worldwide
- Applying changes to their distribution model. Through dematerialising their distribution process, SPB plans on becoming a wholesale broker. On the insurance market, a trend reminiscent of Open Banking-related moves has been observed. SPB stands out with a platform promising faster integration and customised guarantees.
- Expanding their client portfolio. SPB also plans to address more customers, including small and medium distributors, with white label offers. Insurance policies tend to become more context-relevant, and many players are likely to add contracts to their customer processes.
- SPB’s strategic approach is reminiscent of another player’s model in France: La Parisienne Assurances. This group designs customised insurance solutions, and makes their know-how available to partners via an iPaaS platform, too.
- These groups, however, are not just rivals: La Parisienne is among SPB partners. SPB Affinity is then bound to expand their joint offers.